Friday 11 October 2013

I just can't help it.......

If there is one thing that I consistently get on my high horse about it is time keeping.  I can't abide lateness (I was born early so that is all the excuse I need) and when someone has gone to the trouble of making an appointment with me and then doesn't show, I do get very cross.  I get even crosser when they don't call to apologise or say they are running late. 
 
 
 
However, I have a friend who just "doesn't do" cross - or uptight or frustrated - and I wish I was more like her.  She is a beautiful person who cries over the smallest thing (I am so with her on that one - Christmas films, the wonders of the creation, feeling of the spirit -you name it and I can probably cry over it) but I am not sure that there isn't a need for, not getting cross but, certainly being a bit stronger in ones opinion if something needs to be said.  And we can say things in such a way that people know they are being chided without any bitterness. If only I could learn that.....
 
Just as much as I can't help having an opinion about everything, I can't refrain from making a comment (or two) about the way the people running this country are systematically making stupid decisions only to find they have shot themselves in the foot.  And I am not just talking about the present incumbents, I can quite happily tar preceding Governments with the same brush.  Here are just a few examples that I know about:
 
  • Many school fields have been sold off to make way for houses and now we have an obesity crisis.
  • It was thought a great way to make extra revenue by relaxing the licencing laws and allowing people to drink and buy alcohol all day.  This has resulted in a nation of binge drinkers who think nothing of spending pounds on drinking, getting drunk and  vomiting all over the pavements - with the added bonus of a fight thrown in and need I even have to mention the children that are under-age drinking?
  • The NHS is constantly being told to make savings and cut costs and this has resulted in dirty hospitals, doctors working too long a shift, nurses not having the time to care for patients and a general malaise in the system. The end result is people are dying for all the wrong reasons.


Surely it is not rocket science to know that if you keep doing stupid things then it will ultimately come back to bite you? 
 
Anyway, here ends my little rant for now; I am off to make myself some lunch and sit with the newspaper for a while.  Not that news is very uplifting but it gives me more ammunition so that I can become again the mad women with an opinion that she likes to share......
 
 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment