Wednesday 31 July 2013

Patience is a virtue....

"Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can. Seldom found in women and never found in man."  I recall giving my father a poster with this quote on it and I loved it for years.  Being a bit magnanimous here, I would actually say that I doubt there is much difference between the genders - both are capable, or not, of having patience.
 
This speaks for itself.
 
I pride myself on the fact that when I am teaching I have a great deal of patience; I guess that is simply because it takes me an absolute age to learn anything, although once I have finally got it, I rarely forget.   I would like to think that I have patience too when I am just waiting for something.  I confess to getting irritated when the postman doesn't deliver the promised parcel/letter but then that doesn't always have a lot to do with patience, more of an inability to keeps my composure!
 
 
And I found this to prove the point....
 
 
Over the last few months I have had plenty of practise with being patient. As with any health issues that require a hospital appointment, one has to be patient (and not a hypochondriac!) whilst waiting for said appointment to come through - and then have even more to finally reach the date.  Like being at the doctors, you can guarantee that everything is running late at the hospital clinic/department so you can either sit in a state of contemplative bliss or start moaning about the time you have spent there.  It certainly isn't easy sitting wondering your fate but to get upset about the length of time waiting is just a pointless exercise which only makes you hot under the collar.

I put something into motion some time ago now and I am still waiting for the conclusion.  If I didn't have patience I would more than likely be climbing the walls by now; having said that, the longer I wait the more difficult it is for me so it is teaching me to be more patient.
 
 
This made me smile. :)


Sometimes we just have to be patient!

See you again soon.

Susan

 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment